Thursday, November 21, 2019

Oh, An Update On My Fantasy Teams ...

... they ain't worth shit.

I don't know exactly what happened, but a combination of drafting poorly and not being on the stick when it comes to picking up free agents on the waiver wire (dude, I've been so damn busy during the week) likely is the reason I have two wins for each of my teams and am in last place in both of my leagues.  I don't think I've ever done that before, finishing last in both.  And it's a complete 180 from last year, when I won the league I commish and finished second in the one I don't.

What's been particularly shitty for me is that there have been many instances more than in years past where I have picked a player who did not rack up the points that week while benching the ones that did.  I do listen for advice on the radio and look at the lists online, and from that I have started my studs some weeks and the scrubs who were predicted to have a big game in other weeks.  But it seems that I have been every single damn week.  Kind of a case in point: Because the Texans' Secondary is banged up, I decided to pick up and start Indianapolis' Jacoby Brissett, hoping he'd have a field night.  Well, the Game just wrapped up, and he passed for fewer than 200 Yards and scored only one Touchdown.

It's sort of like this (just concentrate on the part with Ron Livingston's character):



Then again, it hadn't really mattered because the players I have are so bad that I wind up losing no matter who I start, so meh.  Yeah, it's that bad. 

I should endeavor to do better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment