Friday, November 15, 2019

Was This The Smart Thing To Do The Day Before They Leave?

We got the safe deposit thing done just now.  Woke up before my planned 10 o'clock because My Fucking Father was doing shit in the kitchen -- stomping his feet up the stairs, pounding what sounded like a thistle, and using the fucking blender.

We were about to leave.  But Mother decided she needed to run back inside to grab some identification.  So of course I'm fucking left alone in the car with My Fucking Father, and of course he started in on, "When you can, clean up your room," and, "When you can, go buy a book.  It's no good just sleeping in your bed all night."

I finally ginned up the courage to do something I don't think I've done yet.  After that first thing he said, I broke out my phone to start looking through my Twitter.  And after the second thing he said, I literally got out of the car to stand outside while looking at my phone.  I can't fucking stand it anymore.  He has pulled that bullshit on me for years.  It's beyond annoying -- it's hurtful.  And I couldn't take it anymore.  I understand that this could poison what might go on between us until they leave.  But 1) it's just a day, 2) they can arrange other transportation to the airport if they want, and 3) I finally feel as though I am not just standing in front of him, taking his yelling and screaming.  I'm not taking it anymore, no matter how innocent he'll say he was being.

I thank Rocketman for my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment