Thursday, November 9, 2023

Addendum To: Even More Fucking Car Trouble

Welp, the mechanic I dropped my minivan off with (for four days) said indeed it was the alternator after all.  Thought the tow truck driver was adamant it wasn't that, but I have to trust these guys.  They got everything fixed by Tuesday afternoon, so I was able to get up early yesterday/Wednesday morning, go to the bus stop, wait an extra 10-5 minutes before my late bus arrived, then finally pick up the van.  I am about $600 lighter in my bank account, but I'm glad that the van is as good as it's ever going to be.

I have come to believe that having two cars at your disposal at all times is almost a necessity.  I need to stay mobile, and if one car is out of service, I will need another to get me around and/or let me have an active social life.  I was scared as hell that my car would break down while the van was at the car shop.  But the minivan is back, and I for one am relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment