Thursday, November 30, 2023

Can I Just Go Home From Work Just Once? (No, Probably Not)

I could totally be wrong about this, but I don't remember the last time I got home from work early enough in the afternoon whereby I could just change clothes, crawl into bed, take a nap, and have the rest of the evening in front of me.  I would have time to do whatever the heck I want: Do the laundry, clean the dishes, start going through the mail and/or my stuff, etc.

But honestly, it feels as though I have gone from work to somewhere else, and I get home around 10 or so.  For example, I was working the Monday night Game Monday.  On Tuesday I went to the Timberwolves Game.  Last/Wednesday night I watched the prequel to The Hunger Games (and I gotta tell you, I have been impressed with the installments of this series that I've seen, and I really, really like The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes).  I have gone somewhere, and that somewhere wasn't home to cocoon.

Now, do I have to go to these places?  Well, no.  Like I don't have to go exercise tonight/Thursday night.  But I have my physical tomorrow/Friday, and I am under the delusion that blasting out some exercise the night before (after not working out for well over a week) will significantly improve my health.  But that means that I can't veg out at home, so that's another night out on the town.  I will look forward to Friday, where I can plop my butt down and watch the intriguing Pac-12 Football Championship ... well, after I go out and grab some food to eat, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment