Friday, November 24, 2023

I Don't Want To Go, But It's Free, So ...

I have a friend who has offered free tickets to this event in downtown Minneapolis.  It is not an event I would care to go to.  Also, it's at a theater I used to usher in.  I did not leave on good terms.  In fact, there may be ushers there that I don't want to speak to.  If I do go back, it would be the first time I've set foot in there since I told my boss I need to take leave from the job because of this one usher I didn't get along with.  I kept asking him for delay after delay because I still didn't want to work with her, and eventually I stayed away long enough that I was considered a quit.  I didn't really look back at that move, until now.

It had been a while since the person who offered these tickets texted me, and it bothered me that I couldn't say no.  It is a free ticket; I looked online and tickets for the show run about $50.  More important, my friend texted me about these out of the blue.  There is consideration that goes to thinking about someone you haven't thought of in a while, and I really want to reciprocate that.  So I said yes -- even though she gave me two tickets and there is no way I could even think of another person who would agree to go with me to this show.

Have to confess; I kind of regret it now.  I really, really want to get my hair cut tomorrow, but if I have to rest up and get to downtown Minneapolis to find parking in time (no way in hell am I paying for parking, even if the Timberwolves are in town), I can't do that after a regular-to-long day at work and before going to the show.  And I'm looking at all these interesting football Games I would want to stay home and watch.  But no, I have to rest up after I get home from work, and then I have to go to this performance, and by the time I come home, all those Games are probably going to be done.

But ... I don't want to be a bitch.  I'm going.  But I want to complain here.  That's why I made this blog all those years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment