Saturday, November 18, 2023

Enjoying The Weather I Fear Will Change Soon (Best Laid Plans Ruined)

So I had the day off yesterday/Friday and the first and most important thing I did, fucking ****e, I did.  She was as sensational as she's ever been.

However, the next thing I had on my to-do list, getting my shoes shined from my dedicated shoe polisher in downtown Minneapolis, fell through.  Gave her a text saying that I would see her in an hour, but she replied that she totally forgot and had to leave her stand for the day because she had things to do this weekend that were on her mind.

Totally get that; I am that way, too.  Unfortunately, that means that one of the things I want done -- getting my shoes shined monthly -- will now be delayed/ruined.  I have another day off in 13 days, and I'll probably see her then.  However, it's late fall, Thanksgiving's coming up, the 69-degree high we had on Thursday will be the warmest it probably will be until the spring, and it will begin to get precipitously colder starting on Thanksgiving.  And with the cold comes the snow.

Last time I heard the forecast there wasn't any snow expected through next week.  But I'm scared, real scared, that the snow will be here in time for the next time I can see her.  Because I have preliminarily, mentally placed seeing my shiner in between appointments to see my physician for a check-up in the late morning and finally getting around to see an orthotic to get new insoles in the afternoon.  It will be absolute hell if I need to do all that driving in snow.  Which makes going into downtown and getting my shoes shined yesterday/Friday something I would have loved to get off my plate.

And another thing: I blog posted in my previously about how I was going back-and-forth as to how to use both cars over the next few days.  Well, I chose to drive down and see ****e in my car because I did not want to go through the frustrating hassle of parallel parking my parents' minivan in downtown Minneapolis to see my shoe shiner.  But I didn't have to go downtown after all.  Which meant I could have, and possibly should have, used the minivan to see ****e.  Oh, well.  I did use the van to see friends last night at Eat Street, and that car wasn't stolen (although I haven't checked my driveway this morning as I blog post this).  So that went well, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment