Tuesday, November 21, 2023

My friend had a free ticket for last/Monday night's Timberwolves Game against New York.  I decided against it for a few reasons: 1) He also had a ticket to next Tuesday's Game versus The Bastard Seattle SuperSonics and I thought going to one Game was enough; 2) I had already made plans to buy Pizza Hut and watch Monday Night Football; 3) I was afraid that the T-Wolves, who are in the middle of a winning streak and came back from nowhere to defeat The Bastard Charlotte Hornets in their last Game, would finally lose; all three local teams in action Sunday (Wild, Gopher women's hoops, Vikings) all lost, after all, and the Wolves following suit the next night seemed apropos; and 4) I thought I had to stay late at work and wouldn't get to Target Center before opening tip, so if that would be the case, why go?

Well, the workload was lighter than I anticipated for a Monday.  I could tell that I could leave work well in time to find free parking downtown.  So, I abruptly changed my mind and texted my friend if I could go to the Game after all.  He still had the ticket.  And I went and saw my Timberwolves blow the Game wide open in the Third Quarter.  Yay, I went to a sporting event and my team actually won!  MNF was a thriller, by the way; in the end, The Philadelphia Eagles came into Kansas City and came back from behind to beat The Chiefs.  I would've been entertained if I stuck with my original plan and went home.  But I am happy I decided to go to the Wolves Game after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment