Friday, December 8, 2017

So my parents are coming home tonight, and I'm still kind of pissed.  I know I shouldn't.  For one thing, they can do whatever they want, and it's really petty of me to feel as if my privacy is being invaded when it's their house.  Well, they do invade my privacy, but sharing a house with them isn't the worse thing in the world.  And for another thing, well, they are getting up there, and at some point I can see ... ah, crap, I don't want to get into that.  You know what I mean.

Nevertheless, having them home for 2 1/2 weeks really cramps my style, my freedom and the ability for me to feel free.  I don't want to duck them for their entire time here, but my work schedule already means I'll be coming home late for dinner, maybe so late that they'll eat before me.  And then, commitments with friends means I won't be coming home for dinner several nights.  Then I figure I'll go shopping one or two nights after work.  The Vikings game is going to make me eat out for one weekend.  And then, if they want to have Christmas Dinner and have My Asshole Brother come home, well, I'll damn well find a reason not to eat at home.  And then, "hopefully," they'll be gone before I know it.

One snag: Just checked.  Their flight is delayed 2 1/2 hours.  I was going to stick around this part of town and then pick them up before going home.  Now I think I'm going to go home, nap, then drive back down.  Stay classy, Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment