Wednesday, December 6, 2023

I Must Have Pissed Off My Boss Yesterday

I was egregiously late for work yesterday/Tuesday for the second day in a row.  I have been warned in the past by my boss to get to work on time.

So why was I late to work?  I don't know.  A combination of the winter blahs -- yeah, the winter so far has been anything but, but it flurried overnight and it caused all the traffic to slow down -- and me absolutely needing to go get breakfast, and then eat said breakfast, before clocking in to start my day at The Fourth Department.

Also, I stayed about 1 1/2 hours after my shift should have been over yesterday/Tuesday for the second day in a row.  He hasn't bitched about OT in a while, but man, I can see and hear him get all fuckin' bent out of shape again for staying super late to the point where I'm racking up that sweet overtime money.

So why did I stay late at work?  I don't really know.  For a while there in the mid-afternoon I really thought I would get out of there at a reasonable time.  But I didn't realize then that I spent the first half of my day doing make-up work, cleaning up calls on forms I made on Monday.  I didn't get to the new stuff till around noontime.  The work that did come in seemed small enough that I didn't break a sweat, but the answers I got back seemed to grow by the hour, and by the time I got around to my end-of-day stuff, I was kind of scared that I wouldn't be done before I would have had to have stayed ten hours.

I don't know if there's anything I can do about staying late, but I can get there on time.  I just have to get out to the car and drive out in time.  And that might mean getting up a little earlier than I usual do.  Will I do that?  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment