Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Friday? FRIDAY???

So the lights are still coming on, so I need to take my car to my mechanic.  Called him during lunch yesterday/Tuesday afternoon ... and he says he can look at it on Friday.  Friday?  So that means that that needs to be fixed over the course of that day or else I won't get it back until fucking Boxing Day.  I'll need to go to the Megamall on Saturday driving the minivan.  I will need to drive the minivan to the Vikings Game Christmas Eve.  Jesus fucking Christ, help me.

On the bright side, I drove the minivan to and from downtown to have a couple drinks from a speakeasy.  It didn't get stolen, and it didn't go to shit on me.  In fact, my blood pressure went down a tad once I turned off the car.  Maybe that thing can get me around places for the next week.  It has a new alternator; in some ways, it's newer than my car.  And that false sense of confidence probably means it'll go kaput on the way to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment