Saturday, December 23, 2023

Addendum To: I Don't Trust My Car Anymore

Oh, and another thing ... when I brought my car in, one of the other mechanics wondered aloud to everyone else in the shop whether I blew out the motor.  One of the other people told me right before I got my newly-restored, corrosion-free car back.

I'm guessing he was joking, but since this is my car, and I am nothing without it, I kind of need to lose it here a bit.  First of all, like I've said, I don't ride my car that hard.  I may be neglectful, and sure, I might gun my car to get in front of the traffic when I need to take a right onto 65 every morning, but I'm not driving like I'm in Fast & The Furious, OK?  Second of all, they all changed the oil.  The oil, and my car, is as new as it's going to be.  And he thinks I blew out my motor the day I get it back?!  That doesn't make any fuckin' sense!!!

So hearing all of this makes me feel bad, like I screwed up my car.  No, I don't feel as though I can trust driving my car, at least not now, but I now feel as if it's my fault.  Man, I'm just trying to live.  I do my best to maintain things, but I think I did the best I could with this.  And now I'm being told that it has one foot in the grave?  Don't tell me that when I have Christmas shopping I still have to do today.  And seeing my ATF at My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  And working the Vikings Game tomorrow.  And vegetating at the Irish pub as Christmas Eve turns to Christmas Day.  I don't need to hear that shit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment