Thursday, December 28, 2023

Do I Or Do I Not Want To Get Cut Early?

I should keep remembering this, but I'm not certain whether I've been cut early for Limbo Week, like My Main Department was yesterday/Wednesday.  I missed part of Limbo Week last year as I was coming back from family vacation to Hawai'i, but I clocked in full days that Thursday and Friday.  I thought I could check 2021, when I know I was in town and probably working Limbo Week 2021, but we switched timecard systems some time in 2022 because I saw no record of my hours two years ago.

One the one hand I'm not a fan because when you get cut early you have to use your paid time off.  I have mentioned here in WAF before that I am way below want I want to carry into 2024.  I feel like I took off one day too many, and now that we're getting cut early (at least that's what my boss anticipates will happen both today/Thursday and tomorrow/Friday), I will be using way, way more.  (My boss was making a big push to make sure all of were below the carryover limit of 40 hours, but maybe we shouldn't have panicked because we all seem to be needing to use some paid time off for Limbo Week.)  In fact, a part of me wishes I could be asked to come and work Saturday because there might be a chance I would be getting paid time off back if I do.

On the other hand, it would be nice to come home early from work, or exercise in the afternoon when the community center is free, especially during Limbo Week when no one else seems to be going out to work or the gym.  There are some things I have been neglecting for a while -- my fitness, my sleep pattern, etc.  I'm to the point where I will take paid time off in order to physically and mentally reset.

What should have happened was that I got to, oh, around 48 hours of paid time off as I got into December, meaning I needed to burn off eight hours or else I lose some of it.  With the pattern of getting cut early being established, I feel as though I would be able to use eight hours of it this week, meaning I would be just under the 40-hour cut line as we head into the New Year.  That would've been perfect.  What's happening now?  Eh, not so perfect. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment