Sunday, June 30, 2024

Avoided Getting T-Boned ... On My Street ... Twice ...

... and if I recall correctly (this happened last week), it happened on back-to-back days.

I'm going to start with the second one, which I think was on Wednesday morning.  I was minding my business, just driving down my street.  I see to my right a car back down its driveway.  I'm always dreading that the driver doesn't see me, but he or she does, and he or she stops so I can drive.  This one, however, I wasn't so sure, because the driver drove down fast, like fast enough that he or she wouldn't be able to stop on time.  So, instinctively, I swerved to the left in case the driver really wanted to get out onto the street without making sure the coast was clear.  I think he or she stopped, but no matter, I was out of that person's way and still driving to work.

Exact same thing happened the morning before, on Tuesday.  It was a different driver, however.  One closer to my house.  In fact, I know her, or at least I know the person who is married to her: It's either my sister's best friend or her wife.  I've never, ever seen either of them tear ass down the driveway, which is almost kitty-corner from our house.  But I was just moseying on down and I see their truck busting down their driveway, and so I really, really swerved to make sure I got of her way.  I can let this go, but this is still very uncharacteristic of either of them.

So I did this twice, on my street, on back-to-back work mornings.  Hasn't happened since, and I hope that doesn't happen for a long, long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment