Saturday, June 8, 2024

On The Search For Bedsheets That Won't Tear

So a few weeks ago I think I tore through my bedsheet.  I think I have blog posted in the past of how I haven't trimmed the nail on my right pinky toe in years, ever since I started wearing the pair of Doc Martens previous to the one I'm wearing now.  Well, I think I tore through that one as I was moving my foot around while I was in my bed.  Didn't believe it at first, but I finally looked down and saw a tear about a foot long in the sheet.

Thing is, this is the second sheet I have torn through.  First time, maybe two years ago, it was my finger.  I don't think my fingernail was that long, let alone sharp.  But I moved it on top of the sheet and "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!"  For both, I tried sleeping on the bedsheet until the thought of my foot or hand going through the bedsheet and potentially tearing through the mattress made me too scared to not change them.

I had three.  With this one needing replacement, I'm down to one.  So, obviously, I need to buy at least one.  But what kind?  I looked at review sites The Wirecutter and The Strategist.  Do you know how freakin' damn expensive bedsheets are?  Most of the ones recommended are at least $150!!!  Are you kidding me???  Oh, and they always come as a set -- a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and two pillowcases, all matching.  You should see my bed: The bedsheet I sleep on and the cases I have on my two pillows look totally different from each other.  One of the pillowcases, which I got from Grandmother, has a drawing of a pig.  Why do the pillowcases and sheets have to match?  Who else is going to see this besides me -- and some of the time my eyes are closed because I'm sleeping.  Also, I don't use a flat sheet.  What's that, a second blanket?  I already have one blanket.  I don't need another.

Anyway, there is a budget option both sites recommend, and luckily (this isn't always the case), it's the same sheet: The 400 Thread Count from Threshold, the generic brand for household items from Target.  Thing is, the two bedsheets I tore were from Threshold/Target.  Now, could it be that Target sells different number-threaded sheets of their generic brand?  If so, I'll check closer; maybe the ones I tore didn't have enough threads in them.  But if they are the same, I'm just buying the same damn rippable bedsheets I bought before, plus I'll have a flat sheet I'll never use and two pillowcases to add to the 15-20 I already have.

But, I need a backup bedsheet.  Maybe I can find just a bedsheet.  I thought I bought the two I tore without any flat sheet or pillowcases.  But maybe I was wrong.  Maybe I'm wrong about deciding to buy this at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment