Monday, June 29, 2020

Bad Day At Work

We were down a person, which is not the worst thing in the world given that it's a Monday and so there isn't a whole lot of work.  But it's the vet, and she knew what she was doing.  Of the two of us working today, I was the more tenured employee, and that should send shudders throughout the entire company.

It was not a good day at work, mostly because we missed deadline.  It is pretty damn hard to miss deadline on a Monday, but we did it.  Yes, a third person would have helped.  But frankly, the most important folders were given to us plenty of time before deadline.  We just ... well, I just kind of lost track of time and decided to do other things besides meeting deadline.  Missed it by five Minutes when I knew that if I had just focused on those important folders and forgot the rest (the ones I took time on before deadline), we would have been fine.  The vet would have set me straight, or even took care of all those important folders without either of us knowing.  But no excuses today; I was the vet, and I should have kept my eye on the ball.

I am also not happy with myself for losing my temper on my co-worker.  She is still relatively new, and as I learned working beside her for the first time, she can be a bit of a flibbertigibbet.  I spaced out around deadline, yet I was still cognizant of deadline when she began talking to herself in the afternoon and asked me one too many questions to my id's liking.  So, when I later asked her to do something and she was concentrating on other things, prompting her (of course) to say, "What's that?" I shout-repeated myself.  Man, it's not her fault I fucked up.  She's just as confused as I am, probably moreso, and people (including the vet) are being patient with me when I ask questions ... which I still do almost two years into this job.

Maybe because it was a Monday and it was just the two of us, we'll be cut some slack.  But the record and truth are there because I had to tell the truth, else my boss would know and know that I lied.

Uh ... must do better, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment