Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Addendum To: Have A Coke And A Frown

And I thought downing the Pizza Hut with Coke would be awesome ... but it wasn't.  I mean, I had six slices of pizza, and I was happy, and it felt ... uh, right to chase it with Coke (even though I had to run back to the bedroom a couple times to take a few swigs -- Father would be on my ass if I drank it out in the dining room like I didn't have a care in the world).  But it wasn't the thirst-quencher I thought it would be in my dreams.

In fact, I put what was left of it, about a quarter, in the fridge post-dinner while I took a nap for an hour.  Right next to it I put the strawberry smoothie Mother made for me just after we got done with pizza, a post-pizza drink she was nice enough to make, but one that was overwhelming because 1) smoothies and pizza don't go together and 2) I had one liquid I was trying to finish and I didn't need two.

Well, I only thought I didn't need two.  I hadn't even started on my smoothie when I stashed it in the refrigerator.  But later, after I took them both out (hopefully neither parent opened up the fridge post-dinner and saw them), I sort of had a struggle finishing the Coke.  It tasted ... fine.  But after the first taste of the strawberry smoothie, man, I couldn't get enough.  I was gulping it down like it was no one's business.  And this is a measuring cup Mother usually uses to drink.  It was a lot, but it was no trouble for me to consume, or enjoy.  Which is weird when yesterday morning I was jonesing for a Coke.

Am I growing up?  Am I growing old?  Or is there something wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment