Sunday, June 14, 2020

My Long, Deep Naps

For the past couple weeks, probably coinciding with my resumption to full-time work, I have crawled into my bed after dinner and fallen asleep -- deep, hard, and for a time period that has increased from, say, half an hour to, this week, 2 1/2 Hours.  And I topped myself last night when I slept in the evening for 3:15.  I missed my Zoom meeting with my fellow smart people.  Hope they're not mad.

I think these naps mostly are due to not adjusting (at least not yet) to my new/old schedule.  I have been averaging less than four Hours of sleep per night, a result of staying up and surfing the Internet like I got to wake up at 7:30 instead of 6.  I'm just getting back into the groove of taking naps in my car for lunch at work (was able to fall asleep only once this week), so my body is exhausted by the time I get home, and evenings are where, for now, I pay my sleep debt.

That should throw my sleep schedule off balance.  If I sleep too much during the evening, I would stay up well into the night.  (That may very well be the case now, but I chalk it up to just wanting to stay up well into the night.)  And I have not been falling asleep readily as I had during my part-time weeks.  So right now I am in a period of abbreviated sleeps that probably isn't good for me.

I might be able to catch up now, after I blog post this and head into bed.  But I promised a stripper friend I would help her unlock her iPad, and that's about seven Hours away.  I am going to the hardware store for my parents, I think I'll visit the Floyd Memorial again (if only to see another stripper girlfriend who says she's hanging out there), and I need to get gasoline for my car.  If I don't get enough sleep now, I might be dead tired by the time I get back ... which means another long, deep nap in the evening that extends through my other weekend Zoom meeting with my fellow smart people.

No comments:

Post a Comment