Sunday, June 7, 2020

Don't Mind Me, I'm A Hypocrite

These pandemic weekends, when I hear my parents bickering outside my bedroom, all I can think of is either, "Dammit, I wish I had the house all to myself," or, "Dammit, I wish I could just go out!"

This weekend, yesterday afternoon and now, my parents have left the house -- taking care of one of their properties, I think.  I have the house all to myself.  But do you know what I'm now thinking, and doing?  Going out.  I have reasons; I went to the Floyd Memorial on 38th and Chicago yesterday because I was curious, and today because my friend at USC wants to interview me about Floyd tomorrow on his podcast.  (Oh, and there's a stripper girlfriend I want to meet there.  She was there yesterday but I couldn't find her.  I'll try and again this afternoon, but she hasn't told me if she was going to be there.)  But I should be happy that I have peace and quiet in the house all by my lonesome, and the only urge I have in my mind is to get out.

So don't mind me the next time I bitch about this.  I'm a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment