Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Have A Coke And A Frown

Waking up yesterday morning wanting a Coke.  Not right then, but I thought to myself, "You know, I might buy myself a Coke to drink once I get home."  And once Mother asked me to buy bananas, I thought that was my sign that I could buy a Coke, too.  So I did.

Drank some for dinner.  (Hid it in my bedroom; Father does not want me drinking pop.)  But after I woke up from yet another deep nap, I still had three-quarters of warm Coke to drink.  I was hungry, and it just so happened I bought both sea salted tree nuts and Gardetto's on Saturday.  Those go great getting chased down with Coke!

So I ate both the peanuts and the Gardetto's over the course of an hour while watching Songland.  (Great show, by the way.  Interesting look at the sausage-making behind the creation of a tune.)  And though I love eating both snacks (in particular, the sea salted tree nuts, which are from the Target generic brand, are so salty that it might counteract the good that comes from eating tree nuts), I ate so much because I had so much Coke I needed food with which to wash it down.  And, well, now I'm feeling it in my stomach.  It felt cramming those nuts and Gardetto's down my mouth, but now that they're in my stomach, er, not so much.

I have weighed myself on occasion recently and I'm still a bit over 160.  I'm still shocked I'm not at least ten pounds heavier than that.  The reason why might be that I had not drank so much pop lately.  But I had a Coke to go with Culver's Sunday, and now there's this.  Sugar definitely might be the reason I am overweight, and maybe I can't get away with drinking so much nowadays.

Oh, and I still have coffee from work I haven't completely drank yet.

Double-oh -- we're having pizza for dinner today!  It's going to be too hot to cook at the propane grill in the back deck.  I love pizza, but that means buying more Coke.  Maybe it'll feel better to eat and drink all that much tonight ... only to regret it in the evening, as I feel yet another mass in my stomach and believe I weigh closer to 175 than 160.  Ugh. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment