Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Deceptively Bad Night At Home

Last night sucked.  It truly did.  Got home, but my parents weren't.  They said they needed to change a flat tire, but maybe their renovating went long.

I planned on eating dinner before getting on this Zoom meeting with other alumni about these, uh, changes going on with my club, but it turned out that I had to make my own dinner -- throw the leftover chicken in the toaster oven and make rice in the cooker, for myself and my folks once they got home.

I thought I would have to wait until the meeting was over to eat.  Instead, I got so antsy that I just ate dinner while in the middle of the Zoom.  If the people hosting complained, I would just tell them I had to make dinner for the family and it couldn't wait.

And by the way, the meeting was a damn mess.  These changes were mostly unilaterally made, and the people on the call are pissed.  I'm not that angry, although one of the hosts admitting they did not tell any of us about these plans being implemented by July 1 raised my cackles.  With that being said, however, you should see the comments in the chatroom -- and I don't mean that in a good way.  Criticism, even harsh criticism, was warranted toward the people mandating these changes.  But the juvenile fuckery some of these guys (whose side I'm supposed to be on) spewed, getting down to ad hominem attacks on the hosts, made me think these guys are like Trump supporters yelling like jackasses about not wearing masks because FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

So everything about that is a dumpster fire, and I'll have to explain that to my group.  In the meantime, Father needed help finding a YouTube about installing a double-pole thermostat to the wall, and despite the vast reach of the Internet, I couldn't find one.  Oh, and Mother started yelling at me for sending a complaint e-mail to my sister instead of the company who is supposed to send her some bakery appliance.  Buzz off, woman -- you're the one who opened up the reply to the wrong e-mail, and it ain't my job to double-check something as fundamentally as to whom your e-mail is supposed to go to.  The hell's a matter with you?  I'm not taking your bullshit.

I'm tired and I need to go to bed, and there's still tons of things I need to do.  Ack.

No comments:

Post a Comment