Friday, June 26, 2020

Not Quite What I Planned

Thought going to a clinic to get tested for COVID-19 would be good.  But then the woman ahead of me said she was feeling chills and having coughs, and now I'm thinking that even though I might test negative, I could actually get the virus as I wait to get tested.  Wouldn't that be ironic ... and stupid?

And then for some damn reason I waited in the doctor's room for a half-hour -- after the attendant told me that someone would come in and swab my nose "in a second" -- to get tested.  I think someone forgot about me.

That ruined my plans to go walk at Lakewood.  I only had time to get donuts at Glam Doll.  There was a conference call with the alumni association I needed to take, and by the time I got to Glam Doll I was already late, so I took the call there.  And that was for half an hour and I got a whole ton of bad news there.  Plus, it was hot, hotter than I thought the meteorologists said it would be.

And tomorrow morning I'm helping my parents mow the yard of some property they are trying to renovate.  I could be there for hours if the lawn is large enough.  Man, this is too much ruckus for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment