Tuesday, June 9, 2020

That Wasn't As Painful As I Thought!

According to the rundown of my friend's podcast, I was first, so I did all the heavy lifting talking about George Floyd and the state of the Minneapolis police force off the bat.  I prattled on and on, and I sure would have liked to take some stuff back, but once the rundown moved on, I could relax and do what I do best, or at least better -- comment on other people.  From there it was fun asking my other three friends questions about policing, race relations and sports.  That last topic is important because it wasn't as important as race; there, I am talking about something I'm interested in, and thus something I know.  And I think all four of us were able to settle back into our old college radio days and sling yang like back in the day.

We were supposed to go only 90 Minutes.  We spoke up to an hour more after that, and I could have gone all night talking to them.  It was the first time in a long time, if not since we graduated, that we all spoke to each other in such a forum.  I wish we could do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment