Sunday, June 21, 2020

So I make a point on occasion to not leave the house until I listen to a full soccer Match on SiriusXM.  And by listen I mean I have it on while I'm next to either my phone or my laptop.

Finally woke up around 10; it just so happens that an EPL Game at 10:15.  Wanted to eat fast food (turns out I had a Burger King coupon set to expire today), then see if I would run into my stripper girlfriend at the Floyd Memorial, then get some juice at Target -- and I would have liked to get out of the house in the late morning/early afternoon.  Shoot, when I woke up I remembered that Wendy's has this breakfast promotion whereby you can purchase one of four items at full price and get a second of those four for $1.  But, I wanted to listen to the match, in its entirety.  Not necessarily listen to it intently; I figured I could put on sunscreen and bug spray so I could leave as soon as the match was over.  But I wanted to stay at home to listen, and if it means staying at home till a bit past noon, so be it.

And then I realized that when I went into the bathroom to put on sunscreen and insect repellent, I left my phone in the bedroom.  Surely wasn't paying attention to the Game then.  So did I really listen to the EPL Match in its entirety?

And so I stayed at home for two Hours to fulfill a tenet of my OCD that I technically did not fulfill, and I was late leaving the house.  Didn't matter, to be honest; the crowd at the Floyd Memorial has thinned out considerably since last week, which was thinner than that of the week before, and I didn't have to stick around because my stripper girlfriend never made it out there.  But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment