Saturday, June 20, 2020

Nightmare

This one I had Wednesday evening.

I was in an open office setting, with high walls but closely clustered cubicles.  I'm not walking between the cubicles.  I'm not walking, period -- instead, I am floating.  Not upright but prone.  And I am using the dividers of the cubicles to pull me forward around and around and around this workspace.

I am floating through this workspace in a panic.  (In my nightmares I am usually in a panic.)  I am panicked because I know that in the room next to this open-floor plan, people were being stabbed to death.  I confront -- either because I literally decide to stop floating in circles or I somehow was "captured" -- what I think is a person from the other room.  I don't remember if he (or she) is someone who has been stabbed or has been doing the stabbing.  Anyway, I push myself forward over the top of a low-height cubicle, I fly Superman-style towards this subject and ... that's when I wake up.

I feel as if I'm running away in nearly all my nightmares.  And I am floating, or at least moving at a pace and with an ease faster than walking, in most of my nightmares.  What could that mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment