Friday, June 26, 2020

Oh! I Am Coronavirus-Negative ... As Of May 23

After work way back on May 23 I stopped by the Minneapolis Armory because they were conducting COVID-19 tests for everyone, especially those who are asymptomatic.  I heard on the news that a half-dozen sites around Minnesota were opening up testing for that weekend to anyone.  That was great; the only way to get ahead of this and maybe slay this fucking disease is to test the community.  A negative test is not a wasted test; it shows you where the virus isn't.

There wasn't much of a line.  Got through it, ending with that swab stuck up my nose, in ten or 15 Minutes.  On Memorial Day and the following day I received voicemails to call back.  Did Tuesday; found out I was negative.  I will assume it was not a false negative.

Honestly, ideally, governments should be testing everyone twice a day, morning and night.  Know where the positives are, isolate the shit out of them, force them to tell authorities where they've been, then trace the people who've also been there.  Meanwhile, everybody should physically distance and where a fucking mask.  But no, Republicans have to have their FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

I tell you this because today, after taking a half-day off from work, I'm going to go downtown, get my shoes shined, and then I'm going to march to a clinic downtown to get tested for the coronavirus again.  Those pop-up clinics are not around anymore, but nowadays some clinics are offering tests for people who are asymptomatic but participated in large gatherings related to The Floyd Riots.  I was prepared to tell a little white lie, but apparently going to George Floyd Square qualifies me to get tested.

That's a good thing.  If I can't get tested twice daily, getting tested once a month isn't something to dismiss.  With the half-ass way Donald Trump and Republicans are treating this deadly pandemic, it'll be the best we can do.  Now, I just hope I don't test positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment