Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Most Fucking Passive-Aggressive Thing I've Dealt With In A Long, Long Time

I came out from the lab to start sanitizing my desk before leaving for the day.  On my keyboard there was a sheet, one made out of heavy stock.  I recognized it immediately.  Every Month we get our keying rate.  It shows how many forms we have keyed through, and how many errors we have committed.  I made zero errors, which is good.  But somehow, my hourly rate was about 35% of what it usually is, and about 35% of what we are supposed to maintain each Month.  If I keep ducking below our quote for enough Months, I'll be fired.

Bullshit that it was that low.  Somebody must have fucked up the formula that determined this.  Sure, the month was so slow that the entire department got done keying most Days after, like, 2 1/2 Hours, so hey, maybe that was the reason for my number to be that low.  But it can't be that low.  I would have to literally be on my phone for hours at a time to be that low.

But that wasn't what irked me.  I looked at all the other heavy-stocked sheets that were laid at the desks of all my co-workers.  They have always been laid face-down.  This time around, mine was the only one laid face-up.

Goddamn her.  Did That Bitch hand out these forms?  If so, her turning it up, invading my privacy and showing this shitty number (bullshit as it is) for all the world to see is some petty, underhanded, passive-aggressive motherfucking bullshit.

And then I realized: Why did I sign off on it?  You are supposed to initial for each Month.  Does initialing mean I approve of the number?  Because I don't.  Fuck me, I might have just signed my death warrant, especially if That Cunt set me up with a bogus number.

Shit, I need to talk to my boss about this.  That number can't be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment