Friday, October 27, 2023

I don't want to harp too much about my troubles at work, but I can't help it.  It's the thing I do one-third of my day, and it's the thing that sustains me the other hours of my days, you know?

So I was back in my main department working for the first time in months (I was going to blog post about that, but then I decided to blog post what I did in my previous blog post, so maybe I'll revisit this, maybe I won't).  We got done a bit ahead of schedule.  Last time I worked there that department was routinely going into overtime because the work wasn't done within eight hours.  Guess that problem has been alleviated while I was working elsewhere.

My boss (who I answer to when I'm in the main department) thought I should spend the rest of my day in filing.  I was going to head back, but then my main boss told me to leave early.  Well, actually he asked me if I had overtime, and since he obviously knew that I worked ten hours on Monday, I don't know why he would have to ask me.  I said yes anyway, and he told me to leave early.  Yeah, this is even more evidence that he's been told to toe the line when it comes to time-and-a-half.  This still chafes me, though.  I don't really want to hear it, but looking at it from his side, if he's been told to avoid giving out overtime at all costs, I should just not come in tomorrow.  Makes sense, right?

I should suggest this.  Well, it'll come out passive-aggressively, and then I'll get in trouble.  Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment