Monday, October 2, 2023

Late Night Talk Shows Are Back. And I'm Not Ready

So with the WGA (the writers') strike over, late-night talk shows can come back ... even though I wonder how they are going to put on shows since, talk shows are filled with interviews with actors from SAG-AFTRA, the actors' union that is still on strike.  And aren't all the talk show hosts part of SAG-AFTRA, too?  Are they allowed to even come back?

Well, I guess they are, and new shows begin tonight/Monday after about five months dark.  Honestly, I don't know how to adjust to watching them again.  Yes, I blog posted about missing these talk shows.  But like I think I have also blog posted, I whine about a change, but then I finally get used to the change, and so once it changes back I whine about it changing from what I am used to.  Same here.  I liked turning off the TV after seeing the weather forecast and doomscrolling through Twitter/X until I got my fill.  I'm going to be curious enough to tune in and see whether the talk shows are going to be back to normal or if there are still going to be some elements of the genre missing because of the continuing strike.  But I think I will prefer to be on my computer at around, oh, 11 o'clock, at least for now.  And then, soon, I'll look forward to turning my eyes away from my laptop and cellphone and watching some TV instead.  But, as with all things, it'll take a while for me to adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment