Tuesday, October 24, 2023

All The Times I Said I Just Had The Worst Day At Work Ever? I Lied -- Yesterday Was The Worst Day At Work Ever

Yeah, I totally mean it this time.  Worked my maximum (self-imposed) ten hours yesterday/Monday.  And while there have been days when I have left work, I don't think I have ever left this much work.  My job in The Fourth Department is to call and e-mail for missing information before we can begin urine tests.  Once I get that info, I can inform the lab that they can go ahead and begin testing.  There were answers that came in before noon that I didn't get to.  I know I have never done that before.

Hell yeah I'm gonna make excuses.  It was a Monday.  Also, I took Thursday and Friday off, so I was, in no way, in "game shape."  Mondays always have a cavalcade of shit waiting for me, and while it wasn't a record, it was more than enough for a long day.  Finally, and I don't mean to throw them under the bus, I think a lot of work was left for me from Friday.  Just sayin'.

I took a quick glimpse at all the e-mails I left when I turned off the computer that I'll have to confront in the morning.  And that doesn't take into account all the new work that comes in today/Tuesday, which, although never as bad as a Monday, can be plenty bad.  And then I have worry about my boss possibly (probably?) wondering why and how in the hell I had to stay an extra two hours when, presumably, the other people who work The Fourth Department can leave after just eight.  He's still bitching about overtime.  Man, I bust my ass and he still might not be happy?  Jfc, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment