Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Work Early Or Work Late?

My call time for today's Twins Game was dependent on another Game.  How long I will be at work today depends on the Twins Game.  Know what I mean?

So the Twins Game was over after a half-Inning.  (Sonny Ryan, man, what happened?)  As much of a bummer that is (I thought they would win Game 3; I don't know what mood I'll be in if they lose Game 4 today and are eliminated at home), I would really be upset if I had to wake up at around 5:30 this morning to report to work.  That would have happened if we stayed at our original First Pitch time of 1 in the afternoon.  However, because Texas swept Baltimore to end that series last night, our Game tonight slips down to 6 o'clock because, of course, baseball fans hate a vacuum in prime time.  (Why that Game couldn't have been played before ours yesterday is a decision made well, way above me.)

However, if the series ends with a Houston win tonight, the production will have to "strike," or tear everything down.  If the Twins win and extend the series to a winner-takes-all Game 5 in Houston Friday, there is also a strike, but apparently because there is a possibility the production comes back to Minneapolis, the strike is not as extensive.  So I don't know how long I am going to have to stay after the Game and work.  I worked a Golden Gopher football Game several years ago that started at around 7.  Game ended around 10:30.  I was done around 2 or 3 in the morning, and that blindsided and exhausted the hell out of me.  I hope to God I don't have to stay that late, or worse, tonight.  (Frankly, I don't know how much of the strike we are supposed to do.  Most of that involves wires and cameras, and I don't do that stuff.)  I have to go back to work in the morning.

So I am all over the place as to what I want, or wanted.  I hate waking up early, but that would have meant I get done early.  I don't mind sleeping in late -- I got up before my alarm, which means my body is ready to be awake -- but that means I come home late.  And there's still the variable of possibly needing to stay late if the Twins lose.  Ideally, I go to work now and the Twins win and so the strike is as minimal as possible.  Worst-case scenario?  I get home at 3.  Who knows?

Have to remember I'm making money here -- and making money at my main job at the same time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment