Monday, October 30, 2023

Everybody's Stepping Up Their Halloween House-Decorating Game

OK, not everybody.  I'm not doing it; I still have a plan to go to Hooters after work on Tuesday and then, maybe, hit a strip club, so I won't be getting into the Halloween spirit.  And it's not as if everyone in the neighborhood is doing it.  But I have to say that several more houses have dressed up their houses for Halloween this year.  Didn't see so many households do so last year.  Don't know why; maybe many people are finally thinking the pandemic is behind us now, in 2023?

At any rate, it's cool to see so many orange lights and fake tombstones on front lawns.  There is one house down the street, and I'm sure that household didn't dress up their house last year, that has gone all out, with lights and a bunch of inflatable Halloween creatures like vampires, ghosts and mummies.  They're all of the cute kind, though, and not as scary.  My sister's best friend's mom's house has an inflatable bat in her front yard.  Don't think they've done that before, either.

So all of that is cool.  Real cool.  It gets me in the Halloween spirit.  Doesn't mean I'm dressing up, though.  That's still too traumatic for me.  Brings up bad memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment