Saturday, July 4, 2020

Dining In A Restaurant -- Yes Or No?

So I told you about my half-day sleep.  I was energized to go do something, but I really wanted to do, and forgive me, is to go out to Brit's Pub and see some EPL.

All week I had gone back and forth on it.  Dining in restaurants, while allowed at limited capacity, contains the indoor condition that favors transmission of the virus.  Also, needing to stay the two hours to take in the soccer Matches invites the time element needed to pick up the coronavirus.  I could counterbalance that with so mitigative measures that might also be there.  Indoor dining is at, what, 50% capacity?  Also, I only go out to Brit's or The Local for EPL Games when there are several of them that kick off at the same time, and usually only when the teams playing are not any of the big ones, because there are local supporters clubs that will go and watch their sides play.  The two Games this morning were Manchester United-Bournemouth and Leicester City-Crystal Palace.  OK, so ManU is a huge club with a big fanbase, including in the Twin Cities.  But, they usually watch their Games at The Local.  But, the The Local is closed, so it's likely that they would go to Brit's.

OK, I might have just undercut the reasons why I would go.

Anyway, I really wanted to go.  And since I got up in time, I would have enough time to get to downtown in time for the kickoff, which was at 9 a.m.  All I would need was for my parents to leave; they are still renovating this real estate property that I assume they are going to sell.  I would not feel comfortable leaving before them; they would ask where am I going, plus I promised Father I would mow the lawn, and of course there is the virus thing.  But if they left early enough, I wouldn't have to worry about those questions.  I'd leave after a certain time, enjoy soccer (while wearing my mask, of course ... well, I would have to take it off to drink and eat, but you know), then come back and mow the lawn well before they came back.

Did they leave in time?  No, not really.  In fact, it was the worst time to leave -- with just enough time for me to think that I could get there in time if I drove really, really fast.  They left a bit past 8:30.  Now, 25 Minutes gives me time, but I would be driving down the same highway they would in order to get to this property, so I would had to have given them five more Minutes' head start, and 20 Minutes to get to downtown, park and walk into an entirely new indoor dining situation was just too much.  I hate it; looking at the schedule there is no other instance to this morning's until Final Sunday/Decision Day, which is July 26.  (There are Games kicking off at noontime at the same time [and once at 2:15] during the workweek, and next Saturday there are Matches at 6:30, and Brit's Pub does not open that early.)  But there were just too many downsides to going late, most importantly breaking my OCD rule that I need to be at a soccer Match in time to see the kickoff.

Why did instead was another thing that I pseudo-promised My Father I'd do: Clean my bedroom.  I actually dusted the top of my desk and blinds, believe it or not; they needed dusting, I can tell you that.  Oh, and I also scrubbed down the tub and shower.  And I did go out; after hearing Manchester United crush Bournemouth on talkSPORT Live/SiriusXM FC, I went to buy some State Fair food in Roseville.  Went back home to mow the lawn thinking I'd have time to sneak out for, like, ice cream or something cool before the 'Rents came home, but they got home around 2:15 or 2:30, as I was mowing the backyard.

---

With that being said, I probably (forgive me) going to watch a soccer Game out tomorrow.  There is a National Women's Soccer League Match between North Carolina and Chicago at 11:30 -- plenty of time for my folks to leave.  There is a place called the Black Hart in St. Paul, where the vandalism and looting in St. Paul happened.  They're open, and through a company-backed promotion on Twitter, mention you're there to watch the NWSL Game, mention the company, and you BOGO.  I think I will do that.

But if it's too crowded, I'll leave.  And if I don't get this BOGO, I might leave.  And if realize that it might not be totally safe to be in there regardless, I might not even go.  Yeah, I'm itching for things to go back to normal, and caution fatigue is getting to me, too.

---

Oh, Happy 4th of July, everyone.  Here is The Best Goddamn Song Ever (as I say this right now):


No comments:

Post a Comment