Monday, July 27, 2020

His Day Begins When Mine Ends

Father's up now.  I'm typing this at 3:30 and he's up.  I don't know if it's because he can't sleep or he's actually starting his day.  I don't know if he knows.  But he has done this with some frequency the past few weeks, which is a tad more frequently than he typically does it.  So no, this is not unusual (although I don't remember him being up at 3:30 often ... 4, yes, by 3:30?  That's still late night, yo), but it irks the hell out of me nonetheless.

I'm sure that when My Father's up this early he can hear me or my TV or the typing on my computer, like I'm doing right now.  We don't talk this late/early.  Back in the day when he'd pull this, I think there were several cases where he would start bitching at me and I'd be all, "Oh, shut up, you old man!"  We certainly couldn't start yelling at each other, of course, because we'd wake up Mother and maybe the neighbors.  And so we just go wordlessly on our routine, him activating his body, me turning my body down for the night.

I can justify being active-sounding now because I'm filling in for someone at work -- second shift in filing.  I don't have to be there until 1:30.  So shoot, I don't have to wake up until ... well, I took Mother up on her offer of lunch, so noon would be when I would have to wake up.  I turn in now and go all unconscious, and I'd get a full night's sleep.  So what's the problem, Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment