Thursday, July 9, 2020

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting from July 8:
  • The first EWR is Independence Day, aka Saturday the 4th.  I have been in the middle of a State Fair food craving.  I got the craving when other people apparently got a craving and started a Facebook group in order to track pop-up places that have resorted to serve food on parking lots.  I want to patronize the vendors that actually are at the Minnesota State Fair; I want to help them out since the Fair is cancelled, plus I want to have some semblance of the feel of the Fair by eating its food.  (This summer I have been to a couple places that I know are not at the Fair, and I ate them anyway, and I sort of regret that.  Also, the Facebook group should limit its posts only to actual Fair vendors, but many of the posts feature pop-ups that I don't think are at the Fair, just serve "Fair food.")  One of those actual places (I hope) is the Salted Nut Roll place.  I ate its peanut roll, and it was so good that I bought one each of its cashew and pecan rolls, too.  Mother took a few bites of the cashew, and she loved it so much that the next time Salted Nut Roll is around (they were only at this site, in front of the Roseville VFW, on the 4th of July), buy four or five of each.  OK.  I bought one of each, and with tip I spent: $20.
  • And I washed it down with a jumbo lemonade at the Cheese-On-A-Stick And Fresh Lemonade pop-up several yards away, also at the VFW.  It was hot that afternoon, so the lemonade went down good.  Cost: $6.
  • We then go all the way back to Sunday, June 28, where I went out to a neighborhood block party in the name of George Floyd in south Minneapolis that was partly organized by *****a, one of my stripper girlfriends.  I bought a couple of items, and I also contributed to the neighborhood economy by eating jerk chicken, rice, muffin and water from this place called B&G Kitchen.  Good, although it is weird to eat outdoors.  Total: $14.
  • I then drive to Sandcastle, where I saw some ass.  I also went there to eat high-end, uh, beach food; figured I could go there because this neighborhood fest was relatively close to Sandcastle (even though the complexion of the people at both places leads me to believe those two places are worlds apart from each other, if you know what I mean).  Their coney dog is really good.  Was also able to purchase a Crispin and drink it at the beach.  It was really hot out on this day, so I also bought a Coke for the road.  Sandcastle tacked on a convenience fee because I bought so much.  And with tip, the total was: $16.25.
  • Saturday the 27th -- a spot I know serves at the Fair is this Scotch Egg place, and they popped up at Maplewood Mall, where they'll be some weekends over the summer.  The Flowering Onion shop is also there, and I should go back to get that, as well as the iced coffee at the Scotch Egg place.  But I purchased the Scotch Eggs, and that cost me: $8.
  • On Friday the 26th I got my shoes shined from Lisa.  With tip: $15.
  • Thursday, June 25th ... North Star Donuts is a food truck that was at Blue Sun Soda Shop.  This is one of the places that is advertised on the Facebook group but is not at the State Fair.  I haven't been to Blue Sun in some time, however, and Blue Sun is close to home, and this was a separate Facebook invitation, plus a dozen mini-donuts tasted really good ... yeah.  Their sandwich board showed it also offered a lemonade slushie, and I got that to wash down the donuts.  They gave me a paper straw, and paper straws are an abomination to Man.  With tip I spent: $14.
  • Wednesday the 24th: I was on a food run after work on this day.  Went to Cheese-On-A-Stick And Fresh Lemonade at the Roseville VFW, where, on three trips encompassing two changes of mind, I bought everything at that place except their Jalapeno Cheese-On-A-Stick.  Used my credit card for the food, but I tipped in cash (hmmm ... didn't see a tip jar when I went there to buy lemonade on July 4th ...), so I spent: $3.
  • I then went up Hwy. 10 to Loulou Sweet & Savory, a rolled ice cream place that parked itself in front of, hmmm, a liquor store.  They are also trying to nudge into the aura of "Fair Food," and that's mostly why I stopped there, even though there's no chance they are a vendor at the Fair.  I also used a credit card for the ice cream, which was good, but I also tipped in cash: $1.
  • All the way back to Sunday, June 14 ... I went to ******a's to, once again, see if I can unlock her iPad.  It wouldn't completely reset.  This is getting frustrating.  Or, it might be a ploy from her to offer massages ... which are nice.  In fact, even though I am supposed to pay her $40 for 25 Minutes, she gave me one of the twenties back.  Fair enough.  More than fair: $20.
  • After ******a I went to the George Floyd Square just to hang.  Around the memorial there are places that are offering food.  They don't charge, but they are asking for donations -- "whatever you can spare."  I had lunch being served by this organization called Another Chance Outreach, and a cold brew Wildflyer Coffee.  Total "donations": $5.
  • To Saturday the 13th, where I finally got my car washed for the first time in months (well, besides the time the outside was washed when I went to the dealership to get my oil changed and tires rotated) at Central.  I should talk about this, but my car shield (the thing I open up and hang on the inside of my car so my car doesn't get so fucking hot) is disintegrating, and it's leaving bits of its insides -- I'm guessing asbestos -- all around the inside of my car.  That was all over the interior of my car, so I could breathe a huge sigh of relief once it was totally clean.  Charged the wash, but I used money for the tip: $5.
  • Went to the Floyd Memorial after the car wash.  Got a lemonade from Wildflyer Coffee.  Gave a "donation" of: $2.
  • Went to Floyd Plaza Sunday the 7th as well.  As I was going into the plaza, I saw a cart for Misfit Coffee which was technically three blocks out of the area.  Gave something at the tip jar for my cold brew.  Then, at the plaza, I lined up to get tacos at this tent outside the Speedway.  Didn't get the name of the organization serving the tacos, but it was good.  "Donated" there.  Total money: $4.
  • It was hot, and I wanted to treat myself, so I waited at the drive-thru for DQ to buy and eat a hot fudge sundae.  And this was the first time in a long time when I did not use my credit card for fast food: $3.52.
  • To Friday, June 5, where I finally got my hair cut ... outside, at a park, with a teenage couple hanging out at a nearby table nearly the whole 90 Minutes it fucking took ****e* to cut my hair.  (A few other people were walking by and saw us, too.  And I complained about all of this in a previous blog post.)  But she volunteered to cut my hair, and I was afraid of getting my hair cut inside, so I gave her $60 which, she initially insisted, was too much, but I still appreciate what she did for me.  Again, for the hair cut, I gave ****e*: $60.
  • After that I fucked ****e: $120.
Good through July 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment