Saturday, July 11, 2020

2018 Amended Tax Return Form Sent Thursday; Regret To My Grave

Just want to note that I sent above form after work (second shift) Thursday night.  I intend to get $441 back because I didn't realize the state of Minnesota offers standard deductions.  Hopefully the state won't reject me because of some bullshit excuse like, "Your error doesn't qualify you for a refund," or something like that.

Just had this epiphany: I know that I have never taken a deduction through the state.  That means that I have been giving the state of Minnesota money every year around tax time ever since I began paying taxes ... so, I have been giving the state money I will never get back for about two decades.

I think I'll keep that a secret to my family and friends to my grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment