Friday, July 17, 2020

And Work Was Shit Today

So first, I was in filing and I asked too many questions to my liking.

And then I was looking for a form and I had to ask not just my supervisor but my co-worker for their help.  And I got so confused because I totally made a mistake -- I keyed in something wrong because I fat-fingered the wrong digit in the 10-key -- but because of this I just absolutely lost my mind.  And I hated being in that uncomfortable position because I don't want to ask for help, and it's doubly maddening that this was a situation I created.

And then I had to do this test in the lab and the person testing me was all, "So, at this point, what do you do?" and I give an answer and she goes "WRONGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and I fucking pass anyway, even though I don't feel like I should have.

And then I go to The Third Department where I had all these things I needed to do but only one hour to do them, and then I got so slow that I got backed up, and my supervisor wouldn't let me stay and finish all those things, so I ... well, I fucking left work for other people to do and I proved I couldn't hold my own.  I used to love this job and now I hate it and dread it so goddamn much.

And then I tried to take a nap for lunch but couldn't because I was so goddamn frazzled by all the shit that happened in the morning I was too tired to sleep.

I can't fucking believe that in the afternoon I was virtually fantasizing about keying forms so I could escape from filing and the lab and The Third Department.

Goddamn, I hate this job.  I really feel like I could do so much better in literally any other job.

No comments:

Post a Comment