Friday, July 10, 2020

My Entertainment And Their Damn Summer Vacations

Yeah, I guess I should have blog posted this two weeks ago.  Tonight/Friday is the last day in the last two weeks I will be without my full allotment of entertainment.  To wit:

  • I listen to The Matt McNeil Show on AM 950, the local -- one of the only local -- progressive talk radio stations in the country.  I like this guy; I agree with most of what he says.  Anyway, he was on vacation for two weeks, and then I heard him live last Thursday, and then on Monday it was a re-run ... I don't understand his schedule, but I assume he took two-ish weeks off.  And I think he's back by now.
  • Stephanie Miller was gone for one week two weeks ago!  Fortunately, her "mooks" filled in for her that week, so I was still up on the latest political news and liberal interpretation that week.  Single members of that team took staggered week-long vacations after that, so even though Mama has been down a member last and this week, she and the show were still live.  Thank Buddha!
  • Now, late night.  Colbert, Fallon, Corden and Meyers have taken two weeks (last and this week) off.  I appreciate the free time I don't spend watching them on TV, but it nonetheless has created a hole in my life.  Now, Kimmel has filled it ... sorta.  Jimmy Kimmel's schedule has always been different from the other late-night guests.  The show took two weeks off, but it was the weeks two weeks ago and last week.  Moreover, Kimmel himself is taking the entire summer off.  (What, does he want to spend more time with the family he's been quarantining with the past four months?)  There have been new episodes on his show this week, thank God.  But it's with guest hosts -- Anthony Anderson Monday and Tuesday, Billy Eichner Wednesday and Thursday.  The show continues with guest hosts, but new eps, presumably for the rest of the summer.
It's inevitable that these vacations come around Independence Day, and it happens every year.  But this entertainment desert still sucks, and so I'm glad all's back to normal (pretty much) Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment