Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Today Is Going To Be A Very Important Day

There are so many things going on today:

  • Well, it's Tax Day.  I think because of the three-month delay -- and the coronavirus, of course -- this deadline could catch a lot of people by surprise.  Luckily for me, I sent my returns in a week-and-a-half ago.
  • Have a phone call with my psychiatrist after work.  What I've done the past couple sessions is leave work early, grab something from the local grocery store, drive to the park and eat a sandwich while speaking to him underneath a gazebo.  It's great because the past two times I was there, there was no one.  However, the reception was so execrable the last time (I want to blame the high wind) that I could not hear him half the time.  Made him repeat himself for the past 30 Minutes.  Hope that doesn't happen this afternoon.
  • I have a Zoom meeting in the evening from the alumni association.  It's supposed to be about training to be a volunteer for events, even though I have volunteered for events for years now, so wouldn't this be re-training?  And this session comes in the backdrop of a rebellion that I'm a part of where we're actively undermining the current administration in the AA.  I have no idea if they're going to take potshots at us, and I'm not completely sure we're not going to heckle them as they give their presentation.  Shoot, I'm not sure if we'll be able to speak during the Zoom.  At any rate, under The New Rules, this is what we have to do in order to volunteer to organize events.
  • Meanwhile, I need to send a protest letter to the president of my alma mater in regards to the moves made by the alumni association.  Moreover, I still need to speak with my contact in the AA because of another training session for a different event that I thought was coming up.  I have heard that there in fact was one last week.  If so, why was not told about that?  Is it because I am a part of this rebellion, or did she just screw this up?
  • I should get around to telling the membership through e-mail about my friend who's dealing with COVID-19.  Announced it on Facebook and there has been a huge outpouring of support, but not everyone is on Facebook, so I think it's important to let people know just in case they haven't yet.  (I should also talk about my friend in this protest letter to the university president.  The letter is supposed to talk about why I am against this new organizational chart.  It's been hard for me to put into my own words why I don't like it, but it almost seems like karma that my friend's plight happened just while us other rebels were having a Zoom Sunday night.  I now can tell the president how a complete abandoning of current local leadership would prevent communication of a story that would be important to an alumni club.)
  • I ordered some things through Amazon; have opted to get them delivered to a grocery store close by.  The order was three items but they are split into two deliveries, one item of which  came yesterday/Tuesday and the other two that's supposed to come today/Wednesday.  But I'll get them tomorrow/Thursday because I'm talking to my therapist.
  • I'm supposed to start a diary today because I agreed to do a survey.  I have a video I need to see before I start penning this diary.  I need to keep this up for 15 days, and then if I complete all of it correctly ... I'll be entered to win a gift card.  Doesn't seem worth it now, does it?
  • Oh, and Peacock, the streaming service launched by NBC, has launched ... just now.  I was wrong about there being just a free trial period; some "parts" of Peacock (or "peacock," I don't know) are free, period.  I'll sign up ... maybe after the Zoom meeting.
Yeah, I'm busy.  I look at this list and I think I need to get in a nap there somewhere, and if this means I don't send out letters, fine.  Uffda.

No comments:

Post a Comment