Wednesday, July 8, 2020

OK, Now I'm Scared Of How My Body Is Feeling

I am currently ailing from two things right now.

The longer of the ailments is this ache on my left hip.  I think it's a recurrence of my maligned back, which I got when I went on that long roadtrip to see the total eclipse a couple years ago.  A hard sleep in a bad posture probably kinked out my left hip.  I feel it sometimes when I sit in the wrong way, or lay down in the wrong way, but I feel it, and although it's not an unbearable pain, I feel it, and it doesn't go away.  I should go back to those stretching exercises I was taught a couple years ago.  I've been doing them very sporadically since; maybe more diligence will treat it and make it go away.  Yeah, I'll do it ... later.

The other ailment came on strong Sunday, after I took a shit: Constipation.  Well, that plus this ... feeling I get from my perineum, the area between my dick and my asshole, aka my "fumunda" place.  The feeling is like I'm straining to poop and I can't, and I strained a muscle out of place.  OK -- so, a hernia.  It feels as though I'm constipated and have a hernia.  For all I know those are redundant symptoms, but I don't remember ever feeling like this before.

Worst yet, I have never felt this combination of ailments (the left hip ache and constipation) before.  It scares me that it could be COVID-19, even though neither is a symptom of the disease.  It scares me because, I confess, I went out to a bar in St. Paul to watch a National Women's Soccer League match.  There couldn't have been more than, like, six people in there at once, and I don't think I was within six feet of anyone for more than a two Minutes.  But I was in an indoor setting, the ventilation wasn't all that great, and I was there for almost 2 1/2 Hours.  Could I have caught the virus then, and are these feelings I'm feeling a result of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment